The prison enforces a dress code inside the institution so that even at a distance, visitors cannot be mistaken for guards or those inside. Due to archaic laws that were instated inside mens prisons a couple decades ago, visitors clothing cannot be revealing or sexually suggestive, hence guideline #1.
- look like an androgynous lump
- NO jeans, especially blue jeans.
- Nothing tight (NO leggings! NO tight yoga pants!)
- no shirts that show your lower back when you bend over
- Knees and shoulders must be covered
- Closed toed shoes (YES)
- No plain white T’s with no patterns/logos
- No grey sweats
- No tan, army green or camo pants.
Good colors: Black, brown, red, pink, yellow, purple. Clothing with patterns or big logos is good. Mixed color shirts are good.
Avoid these colors: Blue, white, and orange.
Download full orientation packet